Sunday, 3 July 2011

The Road to Full Vegetarianism

So i've decided the time is finally right to commit to being a full vegetarian. I've been following a pescetarian diet since May 2007 and have had no problems whatsoever. It was always my plan to become a full vegetarian but I
was always discouraged by family members and what with me still living at home and everything I had to take some of that on board. Now, although i'm still living at home, I feel at the age of 20 i'm old enough to decide my own diet (now that i'm not longer a teenager I somehow feel more of an adult) and I prepare and cook most of my own meals anyway.
I've been preparing for my transition over the past few weeks by taking an iron supplement each day, something which I had never done before over the past few years but I will continue to do so now.
I had my last 'fish supper' yesterday - a tuna panini. It made me feel really nauseous so that was the deciding factor to start things off now. I'm hoping this new transition will spawn a healthier diet for me and perhaps a little weight loss. Who knows maybe one day i'll become a vegan? (I know that is wholly unrealistic, I enjoy dairy products way too much)!




Hope you have been enjoying all the hot weather we've been having over the past few days,


No comments:

Post a Comment