Friday, 23 September 2011

30 Days of Lists: Day 23

Today's prompt was:

'If I won the lottery'
  
I have only ever once bought a ticket, on someone elses behalf.  I have no great desire to win the lottery, the idea of having X millon pounds in the bank just doesn't appeal to me at all. I guess I wouldn't mind winning a 'small' large amout though but winning the jackpot would be more trouble that it's worth.

Here's my list -

  • I would pay off all my family member's morgages - It would be rude not to.
  • Buy a house - I still live with my mother and she is desperate for me to move out. I would love to live in a rural cottage or farmhouse with a little bit of land an a few animals.
  • Get a new car - There is so much wrong with my car. The boot doesn't open, the central locking system doesn't work, there is a chip in the windscreen and only one of the radio speakers work. I would love to get an old vintage mustang. 
  • Give money to charity - I don't give money to charity on a regular basis at the moment as I simply can't afford to, so it would be nice to give a lump sum to a few worthy causes.
  • Not show off about it - I wouldn't buy anything extravagant with my winnings. I believe in living modestly. I watched a tv show recently about people who have won the lottery in the UK and have bought huge mansions with pools and yachts and  gold Rolexes and other such ridiculous things, flaunting their wealth. I thought it was most distasteful.


No comments:

Post a Comment