Monday, 28 May 2012

21

So yesterday I turned 21.

I don't really like having my birthday. I think it't all the expectation to really enjoy myself and have a wonderful time and as i'm a bit of a party pooper I always end up feeling deflated by it.

This year I 'wasn't allowed' to not do anything for it so my mother took me to Manchester to a vegetarian restaurant (Greens in Didsbury) for a meal with the view to going shopping to Afflecks Palace afterwards but unfortunately she took a wrong turning and ended up on the motorway, so we just went back home after eating.

Here are some pictures from the day:

My starter of fried haloumi with pea, mint and caper salad. I ate it all apart from the capers which I discovered I did not like at all.

My main course of asparagus and mushroom ristotto with olive oil and hazelnut crumb. I didn't manage to finish it all as I also had a side order of chips with garlic mayo - I think I over faced myself a bit. I didn't have any room for a dessert which was a shame as they all sounded delicious. 

 The view from over the hills whilst driving home. (Although driving at 70mph on the motorway with the top down is not so fun)

Birthday girl. 





2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD Erin, you look absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous hair too, I can see a new colour:) love your braid. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) Haha my hair has just faded back to the bleach. I should be going blue on Thursday though.

      Delete