Monday, 8 October 2012

The problem with not having Facebook

So I deleted (well, diabled as you can't actually delete it) my Facebook account a couple of months ago. It wasn't doing my self esteem any good seeing everyone gushing about how great their lives are when mine felt like it was anything but and I simply didn't care for it anymore. I'd felt like this for quite some time before I actually bit the bullet and took down my page but the final straw came when someone commented that I was on Facebook ALL the time (which to be fair, I was) and members of my family were starting to really bug me about it. I don't miss it at all which is quite surprising considering how much time I used to spend on there but the only problem is - literally NO ONE reads my blog anymore. I know I have been very lazy recently in regards to keeping my blog up to date but nothing really of note has been going on in my life so I didn't have much to say. I used to use Facebook to sort of promote my blog by sending people notifications when I had written a new post, I now realise that most of my readers were probably members of my own family and friends and that people who are actually subscribed to my blog very rarely actually read it.
I mean it's one thing to wonder if you're boring but to have it confirmed really stinks.

So if anyone is reading this (which I highly doubt), 'thanks'.


5 comments:

  1. Well I'm reading miss, so get back on the scene!
    I know exactly what you mean about reading about other peoples lives though.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin, just wanted to stop by to say I'm still reading, life has just kept me away from the internet for a while so I'm catching up on my blog reading! :) I loved reading your lists again...I epically failed this time, and didn't write a single one! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Did you pay for the subscription to 30 Days? I haven't even bound all my lists together yet, I must make more of an effort next time around!

      Delete
  3. I haven't had a personal Facebook in 3 years. Its true, none of my friends and family really even follow my blog because once its not related to Facebook, its more of a hassle to try to get people to your blog link. That is okay though, I'm happy to chat with other readers and bloggers from around the world! :)

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, a pow wow is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pow_wow

    Have a great day!

    xo Felicia

    aflowerofthesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete