Tuesday, 31 December 2013

I haven't blogged in a couple of months, the reason being that my grandmother very recently passed away after a short illness. I am still in a state of shock, I don't really know what to write.
This is the first major family bereavement i've ever had to to deal with and I don't know if i'm doing it right, if there even is a 'right' way at all.
It's always hard losing loved ones but it feels even harder going through it at this time of year. While everyone else was planning their Christmas I was planning for a funeral and when everyone else was writing out their Christmas cards and lists, I was writing a eulogy.
It's New Year's Eve now and I wish that I could say that 2014 will be a better year and I can start off with a clean slate but I know that there is still more sorrow yet to come as my Nana has yet to be fully laid to rest. There will also be an inquest into her death later on in the year.

I pray for the strength to get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment