Saturday, 5 April 2014

Love Letters

As you know from my earlier post, I lost my grandmother in December and haven't been writing on here much as I've been too upset. 
I first started this blog about 2 and a half years ago and have enjoyed sharing my life with others and have spoken to a lot of wonderful people along the way. 
A few weeks ago I read an article in the newspaper about a woman who had started writing letters of appreciation to strangers. I was really taken with the idea - and then it struck me - instead of moping around being sad all the time, I could do something similar. I don't know about anyone else, but in this electronic age of email, social networking and instant messaging I rarely receive any mail through the post, so on the odd occasion that I do it's a real treat. 
My Nana used to love hearing from people and I know that they used to love hearing from her. She was well known for writing poetry for people who were going through a tough time and sometimes she'd write them a verse or two, well, just.....because. I can't promise that I'll be able to come up with any poems as I haven't inherited her gift of rhyme but I would love to send some kind words to anyone, or anyone you might know who wishes to receive them. 

With love, 
Erin 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment